aptitude incompatible with synaptic?

Hi,

I am using aptitude almost exclusively to manage packages in Debian.
But I thought I'd check out Synaptic and see how it works, because I eventually intend to migrate o Ubuntu on the next occasion, which uses Synaptic per default. So, I installed some packages with it. The next time I tried to install something with aptitude, it said that those packages I had installed with Synaptic were no longer in use and will be removed.

Looks like those two programs don't really know what each other is doing. Does that mean I'm stuck to one apt frontend in Debian, once I have started using it?

--
Matthias Kaeppler