Re: xmms skips all files

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:04:15 +0300
"Raymond A. Meijer" <rmeijer@internet.gr> wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 June 2005 17:10, Carl Fink wrote:

> What would you suggest? The ones you mentioned are all Video players,
> aren't they?

amarok ! :) Seriously it's nice, but it's not something I'd run if I
had an underpowered PC. kaffeine is nice if you're using KDE, but it's
also rather consumptive of resources - but less so than amarok. Sure,
they play video, but they can be used for audio as well. Personally
don't like totem.

mplayer will play nearly anything, but it lacks playlist management

xmms is still OK in my book mostly because of the diskwriter plugin,
which is very nice if you need to decompress mp3 files. Sure there are
other ways, but sometime back I tried others (back maybe 1 yr when I
was running Mandrake) and xmms diskwriter was the only thing that
reliably decompressed variable bit rate audio. It's also very fast.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.