Re: WHAT the Eff is this???

On Monday 04 July 2005 04:23, trevor hamel wrote:
> i recently installed linux. when i finished the installer i as hoped to be
> gretted with an OS with a display like windows.... what i gto was more like
> a display of dos. can someone tell me how to get it to not be in command
> prompt... because i didnt think that was what linux was.... thank you for
> te help
>
>                 Trevor,

SUMMARY (each typed on one line as user root):
# echo "deb ftp://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian stable contrib main non-free"
>> /etc/apt/sources.list
# apt-get update && apt-get install aptitude
# aptitude install x-window-system kdm kde synaptic openoffice.org
mozilla-firefox

OR
Install something like Ubuntu < http://ubuntu.com >

- - -