Re: audio cd fails to mount but plays fine in stereo

Hi Terrence,

you cannot mount an audio CD because it has no filesystem. (I'm pretty sure you
can't do it with fedora either.)

Without mounting, you can play it or rip it with e. g. cdparanoia.

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 06:36:49PM +0000, Terrence Brannon wrote:

> I have a working cdrom drive - it mounted other cds both before and
> after I took the syslog transcript I show below. Also, I ripped and
> burned this same CD under fedora core 3 on this machine.
>
> But I erased fedora because I like debian, but I didnt save my
> burns. But burning it is not working.
>
> The following is what syslog has to say after my attempt to mount the
> CD via the KE Info Center -> Storage Decies -> /media/cdrom -> mount
> device navigation sequence:
>

> pool-71-109-151-76:/# dmesg | tail -50
> hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hdc: command error: error=0x51 { IllegalLengthIndication
> (...)

HTH
--
Joachim Fahnenmüller

  "Professional certification for car people may sound like an
  oxymoron." -The Wall Street Journal, page B1, Tuesday, July 17,
  1990.