Re: LILO bug?
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Marty wrote:
> Alvin Oga wrote:
> > lilo puts the MBR where you told it ...
> > vi /etc/lilo.conf
> > boot=/dev/xxxx
> > that is where it isntalls it
> Again, it does not on my systems, under the conditions I described.
- and what do your boot= line say ...
- how do you "know" that it is doing the right thing or not??
- did you delete the mbr info on /dev/hda or /dev/hda1 or /dev/hda2 ...
on each partition you are trying to test
- did you look at the contents of the mbr BEFORE and AFTER you
- did you change the bios boot order
- semi-endless list of debugging