Re: xfree86 on km4m-v m/b (s3virge onboard)

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 02:35:12AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 10:56:43AM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> > How do I get X running using the onboard S3virge graphics? I've run
> > dpkg-reconfigure but when I run startx it reports 'no screens
> > found'. This is on a new install of sarge.
> >
> Hi rick,
> please include the error message of the /var/log/XFree86.log or
> similar files. But remove the uninteresting stuff. look for the EE
> lines.

Switching to the 'vesa' driver solved the problem. It works great. The
specs say the board implements S3Virge but maybe xfree86 is looking for
a specific chip that's not on the board.

--
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not
sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. -Anne