[OT] Apple will run on IBM compatible Intel pcs

Hi,

Saw this posted at <http://www.isohunt.com/>:

___________________________________
This is dramatic. It's been joked that hell will freeze over before
apple will run on IBM compatible / Intel pc's,
<http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005/jun/06intel.html> but it
happened.
<http://news.google.com/news?num=25&amp;hl=en&amp;lr=&amp;c2coff=1&amp;tab=wn&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;q=apple+x86+intel&amp;btnG=Search+News> This will mean
faster chips and lower cost for macs, and this is good. We will have
high performance linux on pc servers and slickly usable macs on pc
desktop.

This is perhaps the biggest move by Apple since OSX or the iTMS/iPods,
and is probably the reason they rewrote the OS to run on Darwin in OSX
(so it can compile to multiple cpus). Perhaps MacOS will finally be
ready for the masses, if they make the PPC -> Intel app porting as easy
as advertised and Windows app -> IntelMac porting easy too. I look
forward to it, OSX (especially Tiger) certainly has qualities to make
Windows nervous.

And then there's Debian releasing a new version.
<http://www.debian.org/News/2005/20050606>

Is it armageddon yet?

OK, because Debian releases a new version, doesn't mean the devil will
go to work on ice skates :-), but apple will run on IBM compatibles?

--
Chris.
======