Re: apache behind nat

Brent Clark wrote:
> Hi list
> I have an apache server that is behind a natted fw.
> My apache was working, but now for some funny reason if keep supplying
> the webbrowser the private ip.
> the dns is fine because all resolves etc, but in the web browser it says
> fetching
> I looked in the host file.
> If anyone has any tips or advice, it would be most apprciated.
> Kind Regards
> Brent Clark

check your ServerName in httpd.conf

make sure it is the fully qualified domain name

If you own the natted firewall look at putting apache on it and

using mod_rewrite

RewriteRule ^/(.*)$1 [proxy]
ProxyPassReverse /

that way the connections are not being natted in but accepted on the
external facing apache then redirected in