Fakeraid vs softwareraid? (was Promise FastTrak100 on Sarge install?)

> This reminds me of the problems I had setting up a server recently
> which had the dreaded Promise FastTrak100 interface on the
> motherboard.

Wow. On woody it works _fine_.

So sarge is finally here to kick off my fakeraid card? (purchased as
"true" hardware raid) No very good news. At least I see that software
raid is on d-i. I did set some pure software raids on woody. I think it
will be a lot easier now. What do you think about fakeraid vs pure
software raid performance?.

Best regards,
Roman