Re: Promise FastTrak100 on Sarge install?

On (30/06/05 16:39), Roman Muñoz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do a fresh sarge install on an Asus A7V mboard, but my
> stripping raid (20265) is not working. I see only two separated disks.
>
> I see modules pdc202xx_old & pdc202xx_new on sarge install, both with
> 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, but I can't get them working :-(
>
> I tried as many things as I found googleing only to get more and more
> confused. Boot parameters don't worked (tried the ide2=A,B+2 ide3=C,D+2
> thing)
>
> I would to get it working with 2.6 kernel if possible. What could I do?

This reminds me of the problems I had setting up a server recently which
had the dreaded Promise FastTrak100 interface on the motherboard.  After
several days of enabling it and RAID, disabling RAID and various other
possibilities, I disabled it and plugged the two raid disks into the on
board IDE controller (yes I know, you shouldn't put more than on device
on each cable) and every thing worked fine.  Incidentally the operating
system is on a separate disk, the raid array is only for /home.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...