Re: Chkrootkit reports infection

> Newer versions of chkrootkit (0.45, for example) allow you to run in a
> "diff mode" that suppresses day-to-day duplicate hits.  You can turn this
> option on with 'dpkg-reconfigure chkrootkit'.

The Sarge version is  0.44-2.  The "diff" mode sounds good.  Is a newer
version available in any of the Archives?  I can't find it in backports or
volatile.  I'd sooner stick with .deb packages than use locally installed
"hacks".  Presumably chkrootkit should be reasonably up to date for security
reasons.