Re: help scp or rsync

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 07:12:46PM +0200, roberto wrote:
> and i installed an rpm from the following site
> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1944456/com/rsync-2.6.5-2.i386.rpm.html (OK)
>
> in machine B, where i tried the above command

It looks like rsync is trying to use a symbol that's defined
in a library that you don't have installed. Presumably you
installed rsync on machine B, but didn't install one of the
packages that rsync depends on. This is called 'dependency
hell.'

I'm more familiar with Debian than with Red Hat, but I did
have some experience with Mandrake. The Mandrake 'urpmi'
command normally resolves dependency problems. It may also
be available under Red Hat proper; I'm not sure.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org