Re: help scp or rsync

--- andreas.sumper@nimbus.at ha scritto:
> type the following command:
>
> rsync -avz -e ssh myself@B:/home/myself /home/
>
> this will create a directory myself in /home on your current system
> (should be A)

i tried the command you gave me and i received the following

rsync: relocation error: rsync: symbol __vsnprintf_chk, version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
libc.so.6 with link time reference

but i do not understand almost anything...
i apt-get rsync in my sarge machine A (OK)

and i installed an rpm from the following site
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1944456/com/rsync-2.6.5-2.i386.rpm.html (OK)

in machine B, where i tried the above command

so do you understand the problem?

Roberto

http://mail.yahoo.it