Re: Dialer Problems-Only Pon Works

	I'm having some of the same issues that Leonard has.  The wvdial
doesn't appear to work on 2.6 kernels.  I've scripted the tests as high as
kernel 2.6.12.  It seems that the connection is immediately lost with only
0.0 or 0.1 minutes connection time reported.

	I am going to use scanModem as he did to see if changing modems
from my external Hayes to the internal one will work.  Also, the pppd (I
think) seems to randomly dial up the ISP.  I've gotten errors 1 and 16 on
different occasions from the pppd daemon as documented in man pppd.  The
program wvdial (and version, 54 something, I'm doing this off the top of
the head from work.), same version as Len's, works just fine on kernel
2.4.18-bf2.4 (the one available in woody).

	My box is a Gateway 500 upgraded from woody to sarge.

	I'll try to post more information when I get home especially in
response to questions.  Some of this is a 'work in progrss' so I don't
have some of the answers (actually many!).  I have yet to try out a script
in kppp to see if that works.  Both Len and I probably run KDE 3.3 from
sarge.

--
(Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless
direct email or CC's are fine, but I am subscribed to the digest.