Re: xmms skips all files

» On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 11:30:47AM -0500, Kent West wrote:

> I think mayhaps you misunderstood me. I didn't mean for you to try a
> different player; I meant for you to try a different (simpler) windowing
> environment than KDE or Gnome. The simpler environments don't have the
> sound daemons that KDE and Gnome use, which might be interfering.

No I hadn't ;-)

logging out is not something I'm willing to do [*], BTW I'm running KDE
here I just meant to tell you that I'm sure artsd is suspended nicely
and is not blocking the way.

For instance Mplayer works, mpg123 works in the console as well and if I
use this KDE thingy to tell me the state of artsd it will say
"suspended".

I just tried moving out the whole of mine ~/.xmms and guess what?

It just got worse...

                    ==================

After moving out the whole of my personal configuration and having
this reinstalled:

dpkg -l | grep xmms
ii  xmms           1.2.10+cvs2005 Versatile X audio player that looks
ii  xmms-fmradio   1.5-1          FM Radio input plugin for XMMS
ii  xmms-status-pl 1.0.0-2        Status panel applet for XMMS

1. I load 14 files

a) all are local files, that I own and have access to.
b) I've played them before with xmms and I can play them with mplayer or
amaroK.

xmms will skip the first 13 and stop at the 14th and happily play this
one.

If I try to select any other song, they will all be skipped and xmms
stops at the last song again and plays it.

If I remove the last song, xmms skipps all and now stops at stops at
current last song.

Shuffling the playlist makes xmms stop at the last song in the
playlist...

----

If I hit the repeat button "REP" (which I had on by default), I get the
behavior I had before: all songs in the list including the one that was
just playing start to be skipped and none will play.

If I use random "RAND", xmms will be flipping songs for some 3 secs and
then will start playing a random song. But I can't select "next".

If I click on another title, same thing happens, bunch are skipped and
xmms stops at a random one.

I would guess that it is skipping N-1 out of N songs and stopping at the
last Nth random song since once this song is done with xmms will do all
the jumping and skipping again but it won't actually play the newly
selected song.

Any ideas?

                          ----

At least now I'm sure (?) (no! never sure)... at least now I'm more
confident that this is not my fault ;-)

Cheers,
--
  Francisco.
             __o

[*] I don't want to logout because I'm running some long jobs on tyhe
konsole here and yes I did not use nohup and I am afraid of simply
disowning them.