Re: xmms skips all files

? On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 07:42AM -0700, dbp lists wrote:

> On 6/22/05, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Try logging into a simpler, different environment, such as Icewm or
> > fluxbox, to keep any audio daemons loaded by KDE/Gnome/etc from getting
> > in the way, and report the results.

I would have given up on xmms by now if there was anything actually
usefull to replace it...

There is nothing blocking the soundcard I can play sound with several
other old apps. mpg123 being one of them, realplayer, mplayer.

Xmms just went nuts, I just tryed removing it and reinstalling... did
not work.

============

Could this be related to the fact that my CD drive is destroyed? I'm
using 2.6.8-1-686 from sarge and after an attempt to burn a CD the CD
drive died out.

It's the only thing I actually changed in this machine in the last few
weeks appart the upgrading packages as they were being fixed for sarge.

Anyway, Thanks to everyone for the attention to the problem.

Cheers,
Francisco

--
  Francisco.