Re: vsftpd and firewall - problems

Subject: Re: vsftpd and firewall - problems
Date: Tuesday 28 June 2005 12.07
From: Mariusz <kajko04@o2.pl>
To: "Andre Venter" <andrev@ohwell.co.za>

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 10.42, Andre Venter wrote:
> Set the port range on the ftp server and allow connections through the
> firewall

I tryed do like this, but looks like doesn't work that as I want.

vsftpd.conf:
pasv_enable=yes
pasv_promiscuous=no
port_enable=yes
pasv_min_port=9000
pasv_max_port=10000

firewall:
allowed    tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
dpts:9000:10000
but this is in INPUT chain

command to set it:

iptables -A tcp_packets -p TCP -s 0/0 --dport 9000:10000 -j allowed

INPUT:
tcp_packets  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere

OUTPUT:
Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP)
bad_tcp_packets  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  localhost.localdomain  anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  gruzy                anywhere

HOw I can be sure which port is used to ftp-data?
After I connect it set a ftp-data port - where I can find it?

--
Have a good day

Have a good day
Mariusz Antonik