Re: vsftpd and firewall - problems

Set the port range on the ftp server and allow connections through the firewall

----- Original Message ----- From: Aurélien Campéas
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: vsftpd and firewall - problems

Le mardi 28 juin 2005 ? 10:04 -0400, Mariusz a ?crit :
HI.
I have some problems with a vsftpd and firewall.

I have a router from verizon where I set a rule for forwarding to the ftp port
to the server. This was working fine.
When I setup a firewall on the server then I lost a passive mode of the ftp.
and I can't find right configuration. Ftom local network i can connect
without problems but from outside I have problem.

I can login, do pwd, cd .. , but I can't do ls:

vsftpd.conf :kajko@shop-5:~$ ftp mar.dyndns.info
Connected to mar.dyndns.info.
220 Welcome to blah FTP service.
Name (mar.dyndns.info:kajko):
331 Please specify the password.
Password:
230 Login successful.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> pwd
257 "/home/kajko"
ftp> cd ..
250 Directory successfully changed.
ftp> pwd
257 "/home"
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
150 Here comes the directory listing.

***** now it froze *****

This is maybe stupid, but is the ftp client not supposed to also request
the passive mode ?

the system manager.

www.clearswift.com