Re: cannot burn 612MB iso

Kudret Güler wrote:

>No problem on writing, no problem on mounting the new cd-rom. However
>when I try to read one of the mentioned files, errors appear in
>/var/log/messages
>
>But now that I rebooted the system this morning, after burning a fresh
>copy with the same iso file I created yesterday, I can read all of the
>files successfully. Still I would like to hear any comments about the
>problem.

If you can mount the ISO file (using loop device, as in `mount -t loop
<ISO file> <mount point>`) and read all of the files, but cannot read
them from the burnt CD, then the problem could be the CD writer. I have
a CD writer that will not write at the advertised 12x speed propertly. I
have to write at 8x.

- Adam