Re: Multihomed - seperate subnets...

Simon wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > What does tcpdump on eth1 say?  Does it hear other traffic?  What IP
> > addresses does it hear on that other wire?  I am guessing that you
> > really have a different network there than you originally thought and
> > so the IP address there is not correct.  Can you DHCP an address
> > there?
> >
> >   tcpdump -n -i eth1
>
> This is pinging from my home IP address to the offending server behind
> our router... The packets are clearly getting to the box, but i get no
> ping back to home.
>
> web1:~# tcpdump -n -i eth1

I only see your ping packets there.  I do NOT see any other traffic.

If there were other traffic on the wire you would see those coming
from that interface.  Usually arp traffic since that is a broadcast.
I am guessing your configuration is not really what you think it is.
But the above does not prove or disprove it.

You did not say much about your network configuration.  Is there a
DHCP server there?  Can you use DHCP to obtain an address there?  I
think you are going to need to include more information to help further.

Bob