Re: Multihomed - seperate subnets...

Simon wrote:
> I have a debian sarge box with 2 network card as eth0 and eth1 (funny
> enough!).. eth0 is the default on one subnet (a single IP) and eth2 on
> another (listening to multiple IPs).

  s/eth2/eth1/  ??

> The problem is that i can ping eth0's IP, but not eth1's... but it shows
> up on the box as up and i can ping on the box itself...
>
> The cable works and is plugged in. :)

What does tcpdump on eth1 say?  Does it hear other traffic?  What IP
addresses does it hear on that other wire?  I am guessing that you
really have a different network there than you originally thought and
so the IP address there is not correct.  Can you DHCP an address
there?

  tcpdump -n -i eth1

Bob