dfsbuild complains about /proc. Why?

I am busy building two proxy servers and in the process want to build
a CD that can be used for disaster recovery purposes.  So on the first
server I want to build a CD using dfsbuild and install the second one
with to test the CD.

I have the following problem with dfsbuild:

Unpacking ldso (from .../ldso_1.9.11-15_i386.deb) ...

/proc does not appear to be mounted, cannot check if your kernel has
support for ELF binaries compiled in.  Aborting.

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/ldso_1.9.11-15_i386.deb
(--unpack):
 subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
 /var/cache/apt/archives/ldso_1.9.11-15_i386.deb
Fatal error: exception Shell.Subprocess_error(_, 0)

But /proc is mounted:

$ mount
/dev/sda4 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/sda2 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/sda5 on /var/spool/squid type reiserfs (rw)

Any ideas on how to solve this one?

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath
      anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath
      sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach
      deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight
      to the blind, to set at liberty them that are
      bruised..."         Luke 4:18

Vrywaring:  Jy hoef eintlik net die e-pos self te gelees het. :)
Disclaimer: If you are reading this you are wasting your time :)