strange iptables behaviour after upgrading Sarge to Etch and kernel 2.4 to 2.6

Hi,

After upgrade from Sarge to Etch my old iptables script suddenly causes
some strange behaviour.

I can't access https web pages from my internal network anymore.
It seems that the masquerading into my local subnet somehow prevents
https packets coming through.
I get perfect https communication on my Linux box, it's really the
masquerading part only.

I don't know yet, if a new version of iptables or the kernel upgrade
from 2.4 to 2.6 causes that.
I have no clue what the problem could be but I am going to debug my
firewall step by step.
Just before I put all that work in there I was curious if somebody in
this list run into the same issue already.

Thanks for any hints.
-- Bernd