Re: xd3d & debian

On Monday 27 Jun 2005 14:28, roberto wrote:
> Hello, i need to use xd3d graphic program under sarge, but i did not find
> it using aptitude
>
> - anyone who is using this program?

Not me, sorry.

> - can i download/install the rpm under debian?

Yes, download it, then do:

apt-get install alien

alien filename.rpm

and then install the .deb it created

> - how can i check if i have installed in my system the xlib11.a package
> which is required to manage this?

I think alien should take care of the dependencies for you.  But if it only
needs xlib, you should be OK.  You *might* need the xlib-dev packages in
debian, but I'm not sure.  If you do, just install them as normal with
apt-get.  The apt-file tool can help you find packages which contain a file,
even if you haven't installed that package on your system.  If you just want
to find a file on your own system, locate or find, or the package dlocate are
all useful.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.