Re: Howto find and remove unused libraries?

fraz:
> Jochen Schulz wrote:
> >
> >Beware that aptitude in its default configuration always treats
> >packages' recommends as if they were dependencies. You can easily switch
> >it off in the options menu when starting aptitude with no arguments.
>
> I'll give aptitude another go in the future. I gave up on higher level
> tools after experiencing deselect (back in the days of potato).

I always hated dselect, too. The good thing about aptitude is that you
can use it much like apt-get, i.e. without the ncurses based interface.
You can just say 'aptitude install foo' and it will behave almost like
apt-get. But the ncurses interface can be really useful when solving
strange dependency issuues.

Make sure to install and read aptitude-doc, it contains really useful
information.

J.
--
No-one appears to be able to help me.