Re: Howto find and remove unused libraries?

fraz:

> [...] For future reference is there a better way to remove packages so
> the unused dependencies are also removed?

If you use aptitude to install packages, it will remember which packages
have been installed just because something you really wanted depended on
it. If you decide to remove that package later, it will remove its
dependencies as well (if there aren't other packages still depending on
it).

Beware that aptitude in its default configuration always treats
packages' recommends as if they were dependencies. You can easily switch
it off in the options menu when starting aptitude with no arguments.

J.
--
Thy lyrics in pop songs seem to describe my life uncannily accurately.
[Agree]   [Disagree]