Re: possibility of debian "cannabilizing" other Linux distributions in 5-10 years time

On Sunday 26 Jun 2005 09:02, Marty wrote:
> > That's funny, I would say the exact opposite.  Debian can be setup to run
> > flawlessly, so that users cannot tamper with it.
>
> Doesn't this presume a business environment with a support staff?

Not necessarily.  It could be setup for any purpose; you only need to talk to
the customer, find out what they need, and configure correctly so that their
needs are met.  If their needs are met, they have no need to alter anything.
If their needs change, they still have the choice of seeking out an expert to
adjust things for them (just as they would seek out an expert to adjust their
car, or anything else they have an incomplete personal knowledge of), or they
can choose to try it themselves and risk screwing up.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.