Re: possibility of debian "cannabilizing" other Linux distributions in 5-10 years time

On Sunday 26 Jun 2005 08:42, Andy Streich wrote:
> One might hope so, but many things will have to change.  Today, Debian as a
> desktop is only practical where there is strong, nearby, technical support.
> Clearly you don't like MS Windows (I don't like MS in general) but it works
> out of the box for nearly every user and there is a ton of software that

That's funny, I would say the exact opposite.  Debian can be setup to run
flawlessly, so that users cannot tamper with it.  Windows, on the other hand,
needs constant attention to prevent it falling over due to spyware, viruses,
spam, manual software installs and upgrades of using different packaging and
distribution systems, users getting into things they shouldn't, and all sorts
of other issues.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.