Re: screen scrolling

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 03:14:05PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:

> Can you provide some context with this?  I assume based soley on the
> way the key-binding is written, that you're referring to some aspect of
> Emacs?

I think the OP means Gnu Screen

> --- Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to attach a key to scroll screen without going into
> > copy mode
> > (C-a Esc) as I scroll a lot and its very annoying. Preferably if
> > there is a way
> > to attach it to the mouse wheel is even better.

screen will not know about your mouse and i have yet to see a binding
to a mouse event, however I might be wrong. Try perhaps the screen
mailing list.

You will need copy mode for this, but C-a ESC could be bound to
anything you like. If your in vt or console you might be able to do
something fancy with gpm and your mouse wheel but under X I doubt it.

Anyway, try the screen mailing list, screen can do some pretty amazing
stuff and hopefully someone knows a workaround or has a patch you
might find helpful.

--
Angelina Carlton