Re: XP-Debian dual boot with grub

Apparently, _Marcelo Chiapparini_, on 24/06/05 19:25,typed:
> Hello,
>
> I have a machine with Win XP installed. I want to install sarge in the
> same machine in order to have a dual boot system. I want to use Grub as
> the main boot loader. Does exist a how-to in some place? I din't find
> anything in Debian list and Google pointed me to:
>
>  http://www.geocities.com/epark/linux/grub-w2k-HOWTO.html
>
> How ever, this how-to uses Win XP boot loader as the firts one in the
> MBR, calling Grub in a second chain-load step...
>
> Does exist any problem installing Grub in the MBR of the disk? or Win XP
> boot loader must be there in order to antivirus programs work fine?
> Thanks in advance for any help
>
> Regards
>
> Marcelo

In my case, I had partitioned my hard disk in two major parititions. I
installed Win XP in one of them (in the first parititon of the disk) and
then Debian in the other. Debian should detect Windows XP and Grub
should be installed by default.

GL,
->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.