Re: sarge install on hp DL320

saravanan ganapathy wrote:

Hai,

When I try to install sarge (2.6 kernel) on hp
Dl320(SATA HDDs) , it says that no common CDROM
detected.
If I choose 2.4 kernel, then it was detected the CDROM
, but it couldn't detect HDD.

How to proceed?

Sarav
I've just faced this exact problem on a HP DL140 G2.

Take a look at the Errata at http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/

Specifically, run the installer in export mode and when you select to "Detect and Mount CD-ROM", select only the required drivers (ide-generic, ide-cd, isofs). Specfically I found in my case that loading ata_piix would prevent the CD-ROM from functioning.