XP-Debian dual boot with grub

Hello,

I have a machine with Win XP installed. I want to install sarge in the same machine in order to have a dual boot system. I want to use Grub as the main boot loader. Does exist a how-to in some place? I din't find anything in Debian list and Google pointed me to:

 http://www.geocities.com/epark/linux/grub-w2k-HOWTO.html

How ever, this how-to uses Win XP boot loader as the firts one in the MBR, calling Grub in a second chain-load step...

Does exist any problem installing Grub in the MBR of the disk? or Win XP boot loader must be there in order to antivirus programs work fine? Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Marcelo

--
Marcelo Chiapparini