Re: Linux Driver For PostgreSQL .......

On Thursday 23 June 2005 05:33 pm, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> With a Java client application you can use JDBC.
> With a Microsoft Application you can use ODBC.
>
> I would like to write a client application in GNOME witha GTK GUI.
> What driver would I use in this case?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott  Huey

i have done this. I

would use perl with its database interface via perl-dbi and dbd-pg for the
postgresql interface. and i would use gtk2-perl for the gui.

this is the easiest way to do it.

also then you get a web interface for free: you can use  your backend database
interaction code to created a web interface with cgi.pm as well

and your backend code would be mostly valid for mysql or oracle as well via
the dbi perl interface.

mitchell