Re: ALSA: no sound, no error!

Colin wrote:
> [KS] wrote:
>

>>I did that too. After reboot, I can hear noise when I do cat
>>/dev/urandom > /dev/dsp. But the sound stops working as soon as I login
>>to KDE! I notice that after I log into KDE, I have to stop alsa, remove
>>the file from /var/lib/alsa and start alsa again to get sound working
>>again. At present, sound is working perfectly, but /var/lib/alsa has no
>>file in it. Does that make any sense?
>

> I'd disable KDE sounds completely.  They seem to get in the way for me all
> the time.

Well, I don't use all the KDE sounds that much. But the real concern is
why sound is not working when logging on into KDE (maybe I should also
check what happens when I login to Gnome). Earlier it was working fine
with allt he sounds in KDE if they were enabled. So I think there is
still something wrong which needs to be taken care of.