Re: Movie players

Piero Piutti schrieb:
On Thursday 23 June 2005 17:51, Jim Hall wrote:

Sarge, Gnome, Firefox, ALSA, and MIDI are already installed and working.

A user needs a movie player for certain sites. A notice on the site
recommends: Quicktime, Windows Media Player, or RealOne. I searched the
pkg database and found several pkgs that look promising for Quicktime;

All you need is mplayer, the w32codecs and mozilla-mplayer (aka mplayerplug-in). It will work as a charm: tested with the Quicktime trailers on Apple's website.

Other good players I would recommend are vlc (videolan client), which can play nearly everything without additional codecs, and xine.

Guido