Movie players

Sarge, Gnome, Firefox, ALSA, and MIDI are already installed and working.

A user needs a movie player for certain sites. A notice on the site recommends: Quicktime, Windows Media Player, or RealOne. I searched the pkg database and found several pkgs that look promising for Quicktime; "juk" for KDE (but will it work in Gnome?); nothing I could identify for Windows Media Player; "mozilla-mplayer"; "mozplugger".

This is an area I'm unfamiliar with in any kind of detail, so I'm asking those who are to recommend a solution that will solve the immediate need for the browser. Long term coverage for all browsers, or better yet, all apps that might need this for all users. I would prefer the global approach (that would help squelch the snide comments from the Windoze users), but beggers can't be choosers.

Jim