Re: Scroll lock stuck on.. Darn it!

Kent West wrote:

Simon wrote:
I remember seeing a thread some years ago about a "stuck" shift key.
Turns out there was some command or keystroke that caused the terminal
to interpret everything in upper-case. The purpose of this capability
was to work with some older (antiquated) devices/systems that expected
everything in upper-case. I can't remember enough of the gist to help
further, but this might be a direction for you to follow.

But my gut instinct is to be more inclined toward a "glitch" with your KVM.

Found this: There is a curious exception, though. If you type the login IN ALL CAPITALS, the system will accept it--but from then on, everything on your screen will be in capital letters! This is left over from the days when some terminals only had uppercase letters. Although these terminals are now all gone or in museums, the login program retains this historical curiosity.

I just need to know how to turn it off!!!!!

Is there another way of turning off scroll-lock, some sort of key combination?