Re: Scroll lock stuck on.. Darn it!

Simon wrote:
Hi There,

I have a debian sarge box that i have just installed into our rack space, networking is currently OFF (so no ssh access). It is controlled by an IP KVM switch, so i have direct access to the screen and keyboard.

The problem i have is that the scroll-lock is on so i cant login etc, but the shift key seems to be stuck somehow, as when i toggle scroll lock off, it prints meminfo to the screen (This is normally shift-scrolllock).

I have included a link to the screen as there is some strange keyboard error messages that someone might be able to interpert.

http://www.nzlocal.com/simon/screen.jpg

Otherwise, ANY IDEAS?

Thanx

Simon

I have both of these symptoms with my KVM.  I "unstick" the scroll
lock by pressing Num Lock 2 or 3 times.  Weird but it words.  As for
the mouse problems, I avoid those by turning the KVM to a machine
while it boots, until X is running.  Sometimes I can fix it by
replugging in the mouse, but that's not as reliable.