Re: SoundCard Problem

En/La ankur.kumar@axa.com.au ha escrit, a 22/06/05 04:30:

<snip>
> dmesg shows:
> i810: SiS found at IO:0x9000 0x9400..........
> i810_audio: Audio Controller supports 6 channels
> i810_audio: defaults to 2 channel mode
> i810_audio: resetting connection 0
<snip>
> > alsa wasn't installed, I got it installed and ran "alsaconf".
>>
>> It couldn't find any PCI or any other driver. I got integrated sound card
>> with motherboard.
>> That could be the reason.
>>
>> Tried 'cat /etc/sndstat' , but doesn't display anything.
>>
>> Checked '/etc/modules.conf', alsa has put alsa-related sound card aliases
>> into it.
<snip>

>> here is lspci result...
>> 0000:00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
>> Sound Controller (rev a0)
It would help if you could confirm that your card has an Intel chip set.
Assuming it does, the alsa driver ought to be snd_intel8x0. You can find
instructions here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=SiS&card=SiS+745.&chip=SI7012&module=intel8x0
You may want to download the latest version of alsa-drivers and compile
them yourself (you'll need your kernel-image and kernel-source to do this).
Cheers,
Jonathan