Re: Remote connect to MySQL db with woody - Help please?

On Tuesday 21 Jun 2005 06:54, s. keeling wrote:
> I'm having a bit of trouble here.  My employer's op. is based on a vpn
> running on Ensim (Ptoooo!), within which is running a MySQL database.
> I've looked at several things (mysql-navigator 1.2.4-1, OpenOffice
> 1.1.4, ...) in order to connect remotely, to no effect.  mysqladmin
> doesn't appear to exist for woody, msql-administrator (tarball from
> mysql) crashes complaining about a lack of "libxrandr", ..., I've
> installed libmyodbc (which also pulled in odbc-postgresql, odbcinst1,
> and unixodbc), to no effect.  I've looked at backports.org, and
> nothing's obvious from there.

Might want to try knoda.  It's more of an access-like thing, but it's
perfectly capable of basic table editing etc. too.

Anyone know what happened to mysqlcc?  I thought it had just appeared in
debian, but maybe I accidentally picked it up from ubuntu.  Anyway, it seems
quite capable, too.

I've never built a VPN, since I usually just go with SSH, but I don't think a
proxy should be necessary for one.... isn't the whole point that it acts like
a normal network?

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.