Re: Remote connect to MySQL db with woody - Help please?

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 09:07 +0200, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 05:54:19AM +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> > I'm having a bit of trouble here.  My employer's op. is based on a vpn
> > running on Ensim (Ptoooo!), within which is running a MySQL database.
> > I've looked at several things (mysql-navigator 1.2.4-1, OpenOffice
> > 1.1.4, ...) in order to connect remotely, to no effect.  mysqladmin
> > doesn't appear to exist for woody
>
> Yes it does. This search in oldstable (woody):
>
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=mysqladmin&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensitive&version=oldstable&arch=i386
>
> turns up the package mysql-client.
>
> --
> Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [Dutch/Nederlands]
> Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
> "Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
>  - Winston Churchill

What about phpmysql?  also, mysql homepage has application mysqlcc that
works great too.  And another one I've used is rekall which I just
noticed in the last debian weekly newsletter has been added to the
distrobution (unstable i think)..  There may be more but I've used all
these with a variety of distributions including sarge.

mr mike..
houston, tx