Re: Boot hang at "Starting: MTA"

Just fill up the /etc/hostname file with the full name of the computer.

For instance, normally the file /etc/hostname contains just "mycomputer", and the network name is appended by looking in the nameserver or the IP resolver. If the network is down, this cannot be done.

If you put in /etc/hostname "mycomputer.example.com" (get the exact name when you are attached to the network, don't use example.com) then exim does not hang!

Saverio