Re: fetchmail multidrop problem

Marco Scholten <mmlist@xs4all.nl> wrote:

| hello,
|
| I am trying to fetch mail from out ISP and divide it on our lan to the correct users.
| We have only 1 mailbox with several aliases.
|
| mail to e.fox@ourdomain.nl should go to els
| mail to j.jansen@ourdomain.nl should go to jan
| mail to th.jansen@ourdomain.nl should go to theo
| mail to info@domain.nl should go to els and jan
|
| After several days of reading man pages and googling i still haven't been succesfull.
|
| what i have done so far
| -installed fetchmail
| -installed exim4 and configured it to send using smarthost and receive using fetchmail
| -configured outlook express on client machines.
|
| .fetchmailrc:
|
| set postmaster "jan"
| set no bouncemail
| set no spambounce
| set properties ""
| poll smtp.ourisp.nl with proto POP3 interval 300
|     aka ourisp.nl localdomains ourdomain.nl
|        user 'jan' there with password 'secret' to j.jansen=jan e.fox=els th.jansen=theo here
| options keep
|
| All messages now go to the postmaster, when i send a mail to th.jansen@ourdomain.nl then
| fetchmail gives an error 'unknown user'.
| When i send a mail to theo using 'echo "test" | mail -s "testmsg" theo' then it is received
| ok on the client machine.
|
| i have tried running fetchmail as root and as user, results are the same.
|
| I do not understand the relation between the various programs involved in this very well.
| Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

I use fetchmail/mailfilter/procmail/postfix and courier (imap server)
Fetchmail is ok to retrieve your mails from smtp.ourisp.nl
poll smtp.ourisp.nl with proto POP3
user 'jan' there with password 'secret' is 'jan' here

And take first a look at postfix what he can do for you.

mess-mate
--
You are so boring that when I see you my feet go to sleep.