Re: Fun with grub

Rob Bochan wrote:
On Sunday 19 June 2005 12:21 pm, Hans Hofker wrote:

Well, grub does have a 'cat' command (see 'info grub'), but apparently
it is only valid on the command line and in menu entries, NOT in the
global section of the menu. So, it is not what you are looking for :-(

No, unfortunately, it's not what I'm looking for. Perhaps I should go back to using lilo. I just figured that since grub is installed by default now, I was going to try and make use of it.

Uncannily enough, that's EXACTLY what I did a couple of days ago!
I suggest you use "grubconf", which works really well, I must say.
It gives you all your bootables twice, once mutli-user, and once single-user for each linux kernel, on the boot menu.

Also, maybe if you comment out the distracting "message" line in menu.lst, it might just work as it is?.
HTH,