Re: How to configure less to read *.gz files?

put

eval "$(lesspipe)"

to your ~/.bash_profile  ( or another appropriate file case you useing some ther shell )

On 6/20/05, Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
On my home computer `less foo.gz` automatically pages through the gunzipped
text (assuming foo is a text file of course).  I'd like to get this
behaviour on another machine but I can't remember how I configured it to do
this (instead of `gunzip -c foo.gz |less`).

I'd appreciate it if someone could remind me!

Thanks,
Adam