Re: Good backup software for Linux

On Monday 20 Jun 2005 07:45, Siju George wrote:
> If in a Directory "dir1" I have "file1", "file2", "file3" and I take a
> full backup "backup1" on "Day1" the I delete "file2" from "dir1" and
> take a differential backup "backup2".
>
> Now I should be able to restore "dir1" from "backup2" with only "fle1"
> and "file2"

Faubackup will do this for you very easily.  Just install, edit the config
file for the number of backups you want to keep and where you want the backup
to be stored.  Then, edit the cron file for which directories you want to
include in the backups.  And you're done.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.