Re: booting questions

Fernando:
> On 6/17/05, Fernando <fernandodebian@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone please tell me what is each of these booting options:
> >
> > 1) noapic
> >
> > 2) acpi=off
> >
> > 3) nolapic
> >
> > And is 1) the same as 3) ?
>
> So no one knows about that?

No. Nobody wants to read kernel documentation for you. Get the sources
of your kernel and read linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt.
(After reading your mail for the first time I actually googled around a
bit to find the file without downloading the whole source tree, but
to no avail. Since I didn't want you to download all that unnecessary
stuff I waited for someone else who might have a better answer).

And no: 1) and 3) are not the same.

If you had told us about the problem you want to solve, you might have
got answers in the first place. Many people in here like to solve
challenging problems and share solutions they found on their own.

J.
--
I feel yawning hollowness whilst talking to people at parties.
[Agree]   [Disagree]