Re: Ext hd trouble

On Sunday 19 June 2005 23:19, Christer wrote:
> I got a maxtor onetouch allso I got a pretty new p4 comp and at third I
> got a real mystery.In fedora c3 or even in extix (exton knoppix) witch
> is based on debian like I have "sarge" it is no trouble at all to
> recognize my camera or mp3 player or then the maxtor usb drive,,,,it
> just pop up in /devices!!! no mounting no scripts nore a thing at
> all,,,,but not in my new installation with the 2.6 kernel or the 2.4
> even what is missing??? not hotplug cause I got that or fat support got
> that too

It would be REALLY helpful for us to understand what your problem is, if it
was broken down into some coherent sentences which explained a little more
clearly what yoru problem is, and what steps you have taken to solve it.

What is your "new installation with 2.6 kernel"?  Is this debian sarge? or
hand compiled or what.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk