Re: XServer Randomly restarting

Mr Mike wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 00:29:46 -0400
>Marty <martyb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

>>Mr Mike wrote:
>>

>>>At some point my X Server began to 'restart' on it's own for no real apparent rhyme or reason.
>>>

>>You don't give any information about your system, so it's highly
>>unlikely that anyone will be able to troubleshoot for you.  In lieu
>>of waiting for specific questions, some commands that may give useful
>>output are:
>>
>>lspci
>>dpkg -l |grep xfree
>>cat /etc/X11/XFConfig-4
>>uname -a
>>zcat /proc/config.gz
>>

>Actually I had no idea what would be relevant and absolutely no idea where to even start..  Thanks for the help... I'll look into these and see if there's anything noteworthy..

He means that you should list the video-related (and other-related?)
stuff that results from the command "lspci".

He's looking for version information of X with the dpkg command.

He's looking for the contents of your X config file.

He's looking for your kernel version with the "uname" command.

I'm unsure what he's trying to accomplish with the zcat command; I find
no "config.gz" file in my /proc directory.

--
Kent