Re: SATA and RAID5 software

Quoting Andrea Ganduglia <nonews.org@gmail.com>:

I'm skipping RAID HARDWARE for RAID SOFTWARE for two reasons: 1)
Backups can be made slowly, because it happen on night time. 2) I have
more trust into RAID HOWTO that into bios features.

One reason I like sofware raid over hardware raid is that
mdadm will email you when a drive goes faulty.
Perhaps there is a hardware raid card that can do the same,
but I havent' seen one. If there is, please post, I would be interested.